A motor vehicle accident is usually a sudden and frightening event. In a moment, you move from your predictable life to a place altogether unfamiliar and filled with uncertainties, especially if you suffer injuries. You trust the first responders to carefully help you from your vehicle, and you rely on the doctors and nurses to tend to your medical needs.
Now that you are beginning your recovery, you may be wondering if it is time to turn to a legal professional to help you deal with the next aspect of your accident. You may not even realize how much is at stake, and the insurance company seems willing to resolve the matter quickly. However, there are many advantages you can gain from the assistance of a Georgia attorney.
How an attorney can benefit you
The best way to learn if an attorney can help you is to meet with one to discuss your case. At the very least, an attorney can assist you in dealing with the insurance company to ensure they do not offer you less than you need or deserve. Additionally, an experienced lawyer will be able to tell whether it is worth your effort to pursue a personal injury claim in civil court. If you proceed with a claim, an attorney can offer many advantages, including:
- An objective point of view that seeks your best interests
- Knowledge and experience dealing with confusing legal procedures and paperwork
- A team of investigators to examine the details of your accident
- Experience dealing effectively with other attorneys
- Experience handling the tactics of insurance adjusters
- Alternatives for settling outside the courtroom, such as mediation or arbitration
- Skills in resolving cases with the best possible settlement or verdict
- An advocate to represent your cause while you focus on your recovery
In many cases, you have nothing to lose in consulting an attorney. Many offer free initial consultations to assess your situation, and most personal injury attorney fees are contingent on whether you win money in your case.
On the other hand, you may have a lot to gain by seeking the guidance of a legal advocate. Just as you relied on other professionals to assist you after your accident, a legal professional will have your best interests at heart. A successful case may provide you with the compensation you need to obtain quality care for your recovery.